Thank you for your interest in the Cultural Project Program.
At this time, all funding for the current cycle of this program has been met.
Please check back in April 2018, if you wish to seek financial assistance for an upcoming project taking place at a CMHC-Granville Island cultural facility: Performance Works, Waterfront Theatre, Studio 1398, or Granville Island public space.
We are proud to offer support to Vancouver’s cultural community as it continues to evolve and grow on Granville Island and we look forward to offering continued support in the coming years.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS / ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants must be an incorporated not-for-profit society (special exceptions may be made for new groups operating as a not-for-profit society but not yet incorporated or cultural groups working as collectives or co-ops).
- Projects must take place at a CMHC-Granville Island cultural facility: Performance Works, Waterfront Theatre, Studio 1398 or Island public space.
- Projects must not depend on Project support for their execution. Projects will be awarded assistance only when a confirmed booking of space has been made.
- Applicants may apply year-round. Available funds at any given point in the year are dependent on applications received and already allocated. Amounts awarded range from $500 – $5 000.
- Priority consideration will be given to projects falling in Granville Island’s winter months (DEC-MAR).
- It is possible for not-for-profit groups to receive Project support more than once in CMHC’s fiscal year (April 1 – March 31) but only to an accumulated maximum of $5 000.
- Groups that receive funding from CMHC-Granville Island through the Cultural Partners Program are ineligible for funding under the Cultural Project Program.
- Projects of a strictly fundraising nature will not be considered under this program.
- Performances/ events must abide by the City of Vancouver noise by-laws.
- Performance/ event organizers are responsible for providing, setting up and striking all required materials (props, tents, etc.,).
- Performances/ events may occur only in the location and time designated in the written approval notice.
- GICS reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time.
All applications will be assessed in terms of excellence, organizational merit and level of community/public impact. Specific assessment areas include:
- Demonstration of unique features/qualities (dynamic, special or new project that complements or enhances Granville Island Cultural Programming)
- Ability of group to execute project
- Presentation of a marketing and promotional strategy that benefits Granville Island’s cultural profile
- Event accessibility to the public
- Demonstrated need
- Demonstrated support or involvement from other cultural partners and/or Granville Island businesses
- Quality of the application and support materials
APPLICATION and ASSESSMENT PROCEDURE
Projects are evaluated by a jury using the assessment criteria provided in this document. Final approval for project assistance is given by CMHC-GRANVILLE ISLAND. Notification is given within six (6) weeks from date of receipt of application and support materials.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM –> PDF
HARD COPY APPLICATION FORMS ARE AVAILABLE AT
The Granville Island Cultural Society
101 -1398 Cartwright St.